The AP Teacher Training Institute (APTTI) provides the teacher interested in the Advanced Placement® Program comprehensive preparation for developing and teaching an AP course. In addition to discussing questions about AP subject-area content, teachers will receive an overview of the Advanced Placement® Program.
Each workshop includes:
- preparation of course syllabi and lesson plans;
- examples of classroom materials applicable to the particular AP® subject area;
- practical information about program implementation (student selection, budget, and helping students succeed on the AP® Examination);
- preparation for the new College Board Audit, required for every AP teacher.
Who Should Attend
The AP Teacher Training Institute is designed for:
- teachers who want to learn to teach AP courses in one of the content areas;
- current AP® teachers;
- teachers of gifted and talented students, and gifted program coordinators;
- teachers and administrators wishing to learn how to establish Advanced Placement® Programs at their local schools or school districts;
- teachers and administrators who wish to strengthen the core curriculum.