Welcome to the Statistics Outreach Center (SOC)
The SOC is service of the College of Education and Iowa Testing Programs. The mission of the SOC is to help UI College of Education faculty, staff, and students use quantitative statistical methods to produce high quality research.
The Center offers short-term consulting on statistical data analysis and grant proposals to College of Education faculty, staff, and students at no charge.
We also offer services to departments and grants outside the College of Education on a fee basis.
- Statistical consulting
- Assistance with grant proposals
- Access to specialized statistical software (Bilog, Multilog, SIBTEST, HLM, Mplus) in the SOC lab
- Training courses on a variety of popular statistical software programs.
We offer assistance with
- Research design
- Issues related to sample size and power
- Choice and application of statistical methods
- Use of statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS)
- Interpretation of results
- Visual and written presentation of statistical results.