Notes from September 14th
- Classrooms organize guest reader if they want one-there
will be sign up sheets in the office so groups are not contacted
twice. There will be a
welcoming table out front for guests to check in. Nancy B’s class will be escorts-
- Stop and read moments throughout the day—Don’t
be caught without a book.
These will run from 9:15-11:00 and 1:30 –3:05. – Ima Colleague
- Write a class book—school-wide theme—each
different chapter-Ima Teacher
- This will start in the fifth grade on October
3 and 4
- Kindergarten- October 5th
- Third grade- October 8th
- Fourth- October 9th and 10th
- Second- October 11th and 12th
Ima Teacher’s class
will be in charge of publishing.
This book will then be passed around on America Reads day so everyone
can see how the story ends….A Mystery is the intended theme
- Popcorn at 3:00 with teacher read aloud
time—great time for picture books even for older students- Ima Teacher
- ABC cookies at lunch or literature theme- Ima Colleague
- Mr. facilitator or Mrs. Principal and other
mystery readers, will read an excerpt from their favorite book over
intercom at morning and afternoon announcement time. We are thinking of
doing this all week long.
Students will write down their guesses of who the reader is in
order to win a book from the office. Kris is ordering books. Tammy is organizing readers and her class will take
care of winning drawings.
- Make bookmarks with buddies
- Or make book character t-shirts in
classroom—content dependent on grade level: i.e.: main character, all the way to details of setting,
genre, plot etc.
- Hats to advertise favorite book